Welcome to the Community

Please choose one of the options below to log in and get stuck in!

Login with PPUK

Campaigns/Publicity style guide

Do the contents of the (legacy) style guide still apply?

Comments

• No, we updated the style guide a while ago and it's available on the main website
  • Thanks. I clearly didn't look far enough!
  • Much as I'm sure we all love free software, there are some for whom MS Word (to pick a common word processing example) is the most readily available and best understood. I'm sorry to say that I count myself in this category.

As free word processing software has import/export facilities for some commonly used proprietary formats, I'm wondering if there might perhaps be some templates available for producing flyers etc. to publicise local meetings.

(Granted, a word processor isn't the top choice of package for this task but again it's probably the most readily available.)

I'd rather not reinvent things using the main original resources (linked by Jack above) in order to produce a simple flyer if something else is already available to adapt. Is there such a thing around somewhere?
  • You can take and (relatively) easily change SVGs from https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/campaigns/activists/all-materials
  • Thanks. There are a number of designs with reasonably generic messages already around which could be used again (linked here for my lazy reference): vote-pirate-any, have-it-all-ep2014, right-protest-ep2014, vote-what-you-believe, think-different-generic.
  • Much as I'm sure we all love free software, there are some for whom MS Word (to pick a common word processing example) is the most readily available and best understood. I'm sorry to say that I count myself in this category.
    It's also important to note that we are not the FSF, or a LUG. while FLOSS can be preferable, it is not, and should not be essential. We should not be restricting what we can use to do our work, for something that's only an 'optional' or 'preferred' thing.

I use MSoffice myself, as well as libreoffice (in fact I've even got star office [the paid version of openoffice] on CD back from 2001), and the full adobe creative suite 6 (my wife got it when she worked as a graphic designer)
  • so any extra graphics you can mush together would be a big help
    I wouldn't say many would be likely to rush to re-use anything I do on this, as I don't have a huge amount of experience in this area!
    while FLOSS can be preferable, it is not, and should not be essential
    I agree. I'll upgrade to FLOSS at some point but I'm pretty certain it won't be this year.