Welcome to the Community

Please choose one of the options below to log in and get stuck in!

Login with PPUK

London Branch

edited October 2014 in Branch
This would be a good place to have discussion about London Branch matters in general, as well as testing the addition of new discussions and tags.
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Lennon,

A North Londoner here :)
    Matthew
  • Welcome! Good to hear from you. :-)
    FYI - I'm Vauxhall based (and standing for the party there in May next year so will be looking for support in due course...)
  • I'm also London-based; I work right in the centre and live in the Woolwich/Eltham area.

@Lennon, I fully intend to be back out on the ground supporting you in May :)
  • Considering where I live, this is most likely the one closest based to me. I live out in Esher (One stop from Surbiton on the train). Sadly too young to do anything of importance, but as we're a party of giving 16 year-old's the vote I'd love to get involved more and more. I'm usually found loitering in the General Chat in mumble but shhh
  • Am in Erith here, right in one of the furthest south London Boroughs. Good to be here in the community and to say hello. :-)
  • @MichaelDuck - don't do yourself down - you are never too young to do anything of importance - I'm even planning on getting my 4 year old to help deliver leaflets :)
  • @Lennon, haha, I come from a hugely Labour background, and from as far as I remember I've been putting out leaflets. Could blame him for why I'm here :P (getting me politically active etcetc)

Anyone from London (or anywhere - who knows?) gonna be down at the "Britain Needs a Pay Rise" March in London this Saturday? Wouldn't be a bad thing to meet up with some Pirates there no?
  • Hi All, I am a new Pirate, based in South London. Although I have a back problem, I may be interested in standing next May, in my electorate. Nasrani (Anon).
  • I live just outside of London, although will likely be moving into London in a number of months.
  • Nasrani: where about in South London?

ajmartin: similar question, where in London do you think you might be moving to?
  • Hi,

New Pirate here. I was wondering if anyone is standing against Emily Thornberry in Islington South? She was an outspoken advocate of the Digital Economy Act (& very dismissive of criticism / other viewpoints, despite obvious ignorance of the issues).

Ben
  • Hi Ben, No one currently plans to... would you be interested in that?
  • Strongly considering standing although I am Islington North...
  • Hi All London based people... - We have a special Branch meet planned for next Saturday (7th March). Full details here: https://london.pirateparty.org.uk/2015/02/28/pirate-party-london-ge2015-campaign-kick-off-all-welcome/ Would be great if as many as possible were able to be there. :-)