Welcome to the Community

Please choose one of the options below to log in and get stuck in!

Login with PPUK

William Bell - Putting Myself Forward

Dear Members,

I would like to nominate myself for the role of Campaigns Manager.

My name is William Bell. I am a new member to the party, however I have been interested in the ‘Pirate Movement’ across Europe for some time.

In my career I have brought several innovative and unusual products to market through the process of design, patenting, manufacture and finally delivery. This has been as part of my own company, in which employed several staff, and as a consultant for large multinational organisations.

I am passionate about the core Pirate values and with my knowledge in public relations, marketing and raising capital I can help our voice be heard. I am currently working as a consultant to a large online business and also work internationally as a DJ/Promoter for various clubbing brands.

If you have questions or would like to know anything else about me please post below.

Comments

• Hi William,

Fantastic to see someone putting themselves forward for this :)

Can I ask if you've spoken to Andy about what this position requires? If you haven't I would strongly encourage you to :)

That's not to say Andy's view of the role has to be the only one, though if you had a different vision it'd be good to hear it and understand your reasoning :D
  • Nice one William! Sounds like you've had an interesting life.
  • Hello Azrael

Thank you for your comment. I have had a meeting with Andy at the new offices in Manchester to discuss the role and responsibilities of the Campaigns Manager position.

What I would like to add to the position is an increased focus on PR and working with Treasury on raising funds to allow more candidates to be put forward and raising the profile of the party. Targeting groups and businesses that share the Pirate values and who's interests we represent and fight for.

Having the new office space in Manchester, which I feel is a good a base for the party to grow from, I would relish the opportunity to be part of the team to take the Party forward.

William

• Thanks, tectrix.

Everyday brings something new!
  • edited October 2014
    I second you William.
  • Hi William, can you contact me please, I have some campaigns strategy items I would like to pitch to you c.monteiro@pirateparty.org.uk