Welcome to the Community

Please choose one of the options below to log in and get stuck in!

Login with PPUK

Full NEC Election 2015

(cross-posted from here)

Dear Pirates,

Every position on the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Pirate Party UK is now up for election!

This is a constitutional requirement: full NEC elections must be held every 25 months, regardless of how long individual officers have been in post. The last election was held at this time in 2013.

Several members of the current NEC have announced that they do not intend to stand for re-election to the same position. These are Cris Chesha (Party Leader), Sam Clark (Treasurer), and me (George Walkden, Nominating Officer). All these posts, and all other posts (Campaigns Officer, Deputy Leader, Secretary), are up for election.

We're between major UK elections, and the party is in need of new blood and new ideas. If you'd like to put your name forward, take a look at this page! You'll need to be a member and to be seconded by a current member in good standing. You can often find a seconder on this forum.

The timetable of the election is as follows:

Nominations open: Saturday 31st October, 00:10
Nominations close: Saturday 14th November, 00:10
Campaigning period opens: Saturday 14th November, 00:10
Campaigning period closes: Saturday 21st November, 00:10
Voting opens: Saturday 21st November, 00:10
Voting closes: Saturday 5th December, 00:10

If you have any questions, suggestions or problems, please contact nominations@pirateparty.org.uk! The election monitors for this election will be Andrew Norton (a.norton@pirateparty.org.uk) from the Board of Governors, and an as-yet-unappointed member who is not a Governor, candidate, seconder or NEC officer. (If you'd like to help out with this very low-commitment task, please get in touch.)

The election page can be found here. On this page you can also find links to information about what each individual role entails.

Comments

• I think there's an element of election fatigue afflicting folks this year. We need to consider also, what makes a good Pirate captain/leader and what makes a good person for every position, and figure out if it matches us. I myself am in much the position I was last time: just enough time to participate as a basic member sometimes, not enough time consistently available or guarantee of presence in the right place at the right time, to occupy an official position.