Welcome to the Community

Please choose one of the options below to log in and get stuck in!

Login with PPUK

Size of the Board

Currently the constitution requires that the Pirate Party has a Board of 12 members. When it falls below that size we are required to advertise the vacancies, receive nominations, and hold elections to fill the vacancies.

We have unfilled vacancies on the Board. Recently we have had additional vacancies and it seems unlikely we will fill them.

Are you interested in serving on the Board? If so make it known to anyone on the current Board, find someone to a second you, and nominate yourself.

However, we have historically had an issue keeping 12 governors.

Is it worth reducing the size of the Board to 9 governors?

What do you think? Have your say.

Comments

• ThyPirateDaveThyPirateDave South Wales
    I'd like to see the Board at 9. There are 101 roles people can fill if they want to be involved in PPUK, NEC roles and the Vacancies on the website isn't a short list either.
  • +1 for @ThyPirateDave's comment. There are plenty of things to do, and I find it hard to see what 12 governors can achieve that nine can't. It also reduces the administrative overhead with internal elections etc.
  • Given that I originally suggested it 12months ago - it should be no surprise to most that I too am strongly in favour of a 9 person board.
  • ThyPirateDaveThyPirateDave South Wales
    I suppose that actually makes it +2 @Lennon's original comment then :)