Welcome to the Community

Please choose one of the options below to log in and get stuck in!

Login with PPUK

Policy Suggestion: Marriage Allowance Amendment

Here you can find the rules on Married Couple's Allowance and a further link to Marriage Allowance.

I suggest amending this to partner's allowance. Anyone you are living with can be assigned your PA in the same way they calculate your partner's income in tax credit calculations.

Many people in the UK want to be together without having the state denote they are married - they shouldn't be penalised for this.


  • I think this is a good idea!
  • I think there should be some considerations made for how this works in non-relationship co-habitation, such as HMOs and student house shares.
Sign In or Register to comment.