I wanted to say a big, massive thank you to everyone who popped into Birmingham to see us this weekend. Everyone I've spoken to has said that they had an amazing day, and several of us also had a rather brilliant night too afterwards.
But! Everything has to end, and afterwards comes the evaluation and stuff. What did we do well? What didn't we do well (and we have a few inklings about this)? What can we do better?
I'm gonna borrow a format that I've seen used elsewhere, in the form of "Hots and Nots". Basically, bullet points under the titles "Hots", and "Nots". Hots are good, nots are bad. It's generally preferable to give pointers of things we can actually work on, but anything is taken under consideration! Mostly...
So! It goes something like this:Hots
* Meeting lots of people for the very first time. Yay.
* Being back in my home city for the first time in a long time.
* FLAG! AND BADGE!
* Matt mentioning an all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurant, having a gut feeling that it was one I visited as a kid with my dad regularly.
* Gut feeling being, yet again, correct.
* Marriott hotel.Nots
* People having to leave early for various reasons. Boo. 3:
* Being late, due to living so far away and not driving.
* Not getting a chance to deal with my personal errands Sunday morning.
* Forgetting my favourite drink makes my stomach disagree with me.
* Travel sickness. Not helped by the above point.
* Lots of wandering before lunch.